Song of the week ^___^

Song of the week ^____^


Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Happy pancake (The fourth pancake) 1/5

“You promised your mum that you would get 5 new experienced workers within 2 weeks?! Are you crazy?”
“No,” I said, as I walked to the next isle of books.
“How on earth are you going to do that?” Questioned Hannie, realising that she had caused a scene and even now, the librarian began to stare at her. She awkwardly looked away, picking up a random book from the shelf.

“Well, I’ll give it a shot anyway- it’s the last chance to save Sunny Pancake,” I whispered, before putting a book back between two other ones.
“Wow- you really have gone crazy haven’t you? Is it that guy- what was his name- sk- ski- sky…sky! That’s the one. Wow, he really can be quite cruel to girls can’t he? Did he do anything to you? Are you hurt anywhere?” she asked, placing a hand on my forehead as if to see if I had a fever.
“What is this?” I said whilst looking at her concerned expression. I grabbed her arm and pulled it away from my forehead.

“How am I crazy? You’re the one who still won’t tell your best friend who you’ve been with for the past couple of weeks!”
“Ok, ok. I was wrong, ok?”
“Does that mean you’re going to tell me?”
“No- do you think I’m stupid?”
“Hey!”


***

"What's up with her?" Yen whispered across the table. I turned to look at Hannie, who stared into space, unaware that the teacher had asked her a question.

"Hannie...Miss Yoon?"
"Eh?" She answered quickly, shocked, after realising that she was in class.

"What is the answer to this equation?"
"Equation? Oh...um…I’m not sure…78%?"

"Wrong!" he shouted, slamming a ruler onto the desk frighteningly as he said it, making the whole class jump.

"The answer is 0.051- it's not even supposed to be a percentage. I've given you the easier question and yet you still haven't managed to tell me the correct answer. Now, what does this tell me Miss Yoon?"
"I'm sorry sir,"
" ‘Sorry’ isn’t good enough, 'I will try my hardest next time' is the correct answer to that,"
"Yes, I will try my hardest next time,"

Our maths professor shook his head with disbelief, but he carried on with the lesson. I began to write on a piece of paper, carefully ripping around the edges so it didn't make a loud noise. I passed the note to the person on the left, mouthing to them to pass it to Hannie. He looked confused, holding the piece of paper like I'd just given him a toilet roll.

"Pass it on to Hannie," I mouthed with big gestures. I spotted sir turn his attention to us in the corner of my eye; I turned back to face the front. He looked at the class suspiciously like we were planning a surprise for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment