Song of the week ^___^

Song of the week ^____^


Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Happy pancake (The fourth pancake) 5/5

“Come out,” I said, using Sky’s method of dragging her out the crowd. Finally, I turned around to talk to her when we had gotten out.
“What do you think you’re doing?” I yelled, not only so that she could hear, but also so that she could see I was angry.
“What?”
“What do you think you’re doing?” I yelled once again, before realising that the music and screams were too loud. I dragged her outside the hall before talking to her once again.
“Ah! Ah! My arm, it hurts!” she yelped, after being let go.
“What did you think you were doing in there?” I asked, hoping for a good enough answer that would explain why she had lied to me.
“Well, I-”
“-And what practise? What kind of practise is looking at someone else boxing?”
“Raina, please don’t be angry, look-”
“Hannie! Wake up from your dreams! He’s one of those guys! He won’t ever like you whole- heartedly. Trust me, haven’t you learnt from all those other guys you’ve dated?”
“Raina, I’m sorry! But he seems to be sincere.”
"Sincere about what? With you? You haven't even been out with him!"
"Trust me on this one...ok?"
“Alright, alright,” I finally came to agree. The only way to cross a river was to get over it.


Just then, I saw Sky through the window in the door. He gestured at me with his fingers, telling me to come over.
“Hannie, I’ll talk to you later, I need to go and do something first,”
“Ok,” she said, as she opened the door to find sky standing there. Hannie turned around to face me.
“I think he wants to talk to you,” she mouthed through the window.
“I know,” I mouthed back, before waving.
I waited for Sky to come out. He approached me with one hand in his pocket, and the other hand lying downwards to his body.
“You…how are you going to repay me?” was the first words that fell out of his mouth.
“Repay? Repay what?”
“Me…for helping you today,”
“What? No one said that you had to help me.” I asked, confused.
“Do you really think that I just help people? Get in the real world.There's no such thing as a free lunch in this world.”
“But…But you didn’t tell me that before!”
“Yes I did.”
“When?”
I began to rewind back to the time he told me that he knew where Hannie was. That liar.
“You didn’t!” I tried to argue through…though he had the same expression on his face which clearly meant that it hadn’t.
“Meet me at the front reception tomorrow after class.”
“Why?”
“You better not be late,”
“Why don’t I just not turn up ?”
“If you don’t, you’re going to regret it.”
“Why should I meet you?”
“I want you to do something for me.”
“You want me to help you with something?”
“I don’t want help from anybody. I just want you to do something for me.” He said stubbornly, “Don’t you forget,”
And with that, he walked off whilst whistling and swinging his keys in the air.
‘If he wanted help, he could’ve just said so.’

No comments:

Post a Comment