Song of the week ^___^

Song of the week ^____^


Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Happy pancake (The fourth pancake) 2/5

"Class, please concentrate, I know that this is the first lesson in the morning and it's hard. I know- I've done it all before. I was a child before- and we’ve all got to learn-but you've got to concentrate. Lots of kids in this world don't have the opportunities that you have, and it would be great if you value the things that you are able to be in hold of,"

As he carried on going on with his lecture, he was too busy to notice what we were doing. I whispered to get my neighbour's attention.
"What?"
"Pass it on!"
"Oh, is that what you were saying earlier? I thought this was a note for me or something. Because you know Valentine’s Day is coming up-"
"Just pass it on!"
"Ok, ok," he muffled, quickly sliding it onto the edge of Hannie's desk, though she didn't even notice. She rested her head on her arms, looking across the room at someone. I turned to face the direction which she was looking at- though I really shouldn't have. There, sat the guy made her words jumble when she was asked a question. The guy who made her hands shake, even when the bus driver just asked for her ticket. I sighed, she was in love, and she definitely was.

How can she fall for a guy like that? - I mean seriously…but at least it wasn’t some Gay man like it was last time… But I guess he was kind of cute…

***

"Hannie, wait, you walking home?" I said, after grabbing her arm because she was rushing, and it would've been unlikely that she would've heard me.
"Oh, Raina, you're here?"
"Yeah- like I always am...waiting for you,"
"Oh, is that so?" she replied. She really did not make a single sense to me at all...
"Yeah, so...are you walking?"
"Erm...no, you go ahead, I'm going to do some practise," she said, smiling whilst biting her bottom lip. She was up to something. I knew it.
"Oh, ok, well, I'll see you tomorrow then," I smiled at her patiently.
"Yeah, see you tomorrow," she said, though it looked like she just repeated what I said. Curiosity filled my mind- I had to see what she was up to. I took my phone from my jacket.

I fumbled at the keypad before eventually getting through to Mike.
"Hello?" I heard Mike's voice speak.
"Mike, it's me. I can't make it today-"
"Why is something up?"
"Yeah, you go ahead- I'll speak to you tomorrow,"
"Hey-"
I hung up the phone before I lost sign of Hannie. Just as I put my phone away, I saw her turn into a corner.
'Right, let's see what you're up to,'

I began to follow her up towards the flight of stairs that led down to the P.E department. Crowds of muddy football players stood around at the corridors, as I made my way through the gaps, occasionally knocking into someone. ‘Sorry’ was all I had time to say- though I would’ve probably said the same even if I did have a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment