Song of the week ^___^

Song of the week ^____^


Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Happy pancake (The fourth pancake) 3/5

But all I could think of now was that Hannie was up to something- something she wouldn’t even tell me about…and she tells me everything! Suddenly, she stopped to talk to someone- someone who I did not recognise.

‘Probably an acquaintance,’

I stopped dead there, before slowly shifting to the side where I could lean and not be seen. Tilting my head sideways, I tried to identify the face of the person, but before I could even grab a glance, Hannie turned around. Immediately I ducked, hoping she hadn’t noticed. The crowd of footballers who I was hiding behind looked at me as if I were some kind of creep. I darted a glare at them, hoping that they would quit staring.

‘Please please don’t notice, don’t come this way…’

I looked around, wondering if I should get up and see if they were still talking. But my instincts kept me from doing it and instead, I spent a few minutes waiting. Feeling bored, I looked around at the marble floor that I was kneeling on. Someone must’ve polished it recently because it was so shiny that I could see my own reflection in it. I looked at my watch- it seemed a length of time that would be appropriate for Hannie to have stopped looking around. However-the next thing I saw was something that I immediately regretted once I saw. Sky- out of all people was looking right down at me, a few inches away from my face. I began to wonder how long he had been there for, since I had been looking at the floor all this time.
“Ah finally, I have gotten your attention,” he said, before smirking like he normally does.

“What the hell are you doing?” I said, hoping that he would retreat immediately. However, he didn’t move a single muscle whilst looking right at me. He was so close I could feel his breath tingling on my cold cheeks which soon became warm. My body began to feel sweaty- did someone turn on the heaters?
I gulped, “Hey, if you aren’t going to back off, you’ll have to deal with the consequences…”
“What consequences?” he said, as he began to examine my face. I began to feel uneasy- was there something wrong with me for him to be looking at me so intently? I began to wonder if I had accidently stuck the note (which I had tried to pass to Hannie earlier today) on my forehead. I reached up, stroking the skin under my fringe- but nothing.
“This,” I said, before pushing him so he fell to the ground. It was so easy to make someone who was kneeling fall over. I quickly ran whilst I had the chance.
‘That was close,’

However, as I looked up, Hannie had gone and it was all because of that stupid jerk. Now there was no way that I could find her…damn him…damn him. I sighed, before turning back to head to the directions of the door. So close, and yet so far away.

“Ow!” I shouted, as my head compressed against a hard object. Thinking it must’ve been the exit door, my hand stretched to the left where the button which opened the doors must be. However, nothing was there. Feeling confused, I finally decided to look up.
“Huh?!” I said, before jumping. Suddenly, my mind flashed back to when I was 9 and watching Scooby Doo jump onto Shaggy whenever he saw a monster. I really wish I was Scooby Doo right at that time.
“Did you think you could just get away like that?” He said, before I realised that Sky was supposed to be that door. Seriously, why on earth was someone like him attending our school?

No comments:

Post a Comment