Song of the week ^___^

Song of the week ^____^


Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Happy pancake (The fourth pancake) 4/5

“What? I’m not in the mood, okay?” I said, before pushing Sky to the side. Normally, my friends would describe me as an ‘outgoing’ person, but I could turn so moody after a few disappointing situations.

“Wait!” He managed to yell to get my attention just before I was out of his sight, though he hadn’t even turned around to face me, “I know where they are,”
‘What was he talking about?’

I carried on walking, thinking he was talking to someone else. Besides, how would he know where Hannie was? She’s my best friend, and I don’t even know where she had gone. Just then, I felt someone grab my arm.
“Wow…seriously, you really are dumb,”
“What are you doing?”
“I said I know where she is,”
“Get off my arm,”
“Are you not going to ask me where she is?”
“Why would I trust you on that?”
“Look here, I’m telling you I know where she is, isn’t that what you want?”
I smiled in disgust. Who was he to get my trust?
“Fine, if you know, then where is she?”
Suddenly, he began to walk briskly down the corridor which lead to another flight of stairs, whilst tugging my arm. He ran down these stairs, which descended to the P.E department.
“Ow! Ow!” I cried, hoping he would let go of my wrist, but the more I cried, the more he seemed to ignore me.

“Aren’t you going to let go?!”
“Shut up! You’re going to give me a headache!”
Before I knew it, we had reached the corridor which led to the main sports hall. In that room, only tournaments took place after class. And like it sounded one was on at the moment. Loud music pounded through the doors to the rhythm of our footsteps- well more like his since mine was all over the place from being dragged. He pushed the door open with his other hand, and threw me in with the other.
I grabbed my wrist, feeling the pressure from his hand burn into my flesh. I wanted to beat him up, seriously…if only Hannie was here. Then, I saw her. The screaming and cheering made me look up, and that was when I saw her. She stood just below the stage, cheering someone on stage- and that person to me looked like someone I knew. Suddenly I realised.
“That…that guy standing on stage there,” I pointed at him to Sky, “isn’t he your friend,”
“So what? I thought we were here to find your friend, not hook up with people.”
“That wasn’t what I meant!” I responded, though there was absolutely no use talking to someone who wouldn’t listen.

I had to get a closer look. But there was one problem. A huge crowd of crazy fans, especially girls, stood around the stage, blocking my entrance to get to Hannie. I tried screaming above the music to be heard, but I could just not get Hannie’s attention. I sighed, there was only one way.
I began to make my way through the crowd, occasionally nearly being knocked over to my death. I was swayed side to side as I pushed my way through, as well as being yelled at by some girls who said I was “being in the way”. Finally, I managed to get close enough to the front to reach Hannie’s arm. I reached out and grabbed her hard. She turned around, before jumping from the shock of seeing me.
“Raina…what are you doing here?”

No comments:

Post a Comment