Song of the week ^___^

Song of the week ^____^


Search This Blog

Saturday 16 July 2011

Happy pancake (the third pancake 8/10)

Wow that was close!
“Excuse me miss- you haven’t paid your bus fare yet,” the driver called, banging on the screen to get my attention.
“Yes, sorry,” I said, as I began to fumble through my bag. I glanced down in my bag, but my purse was not there. I began to search for it, taking items out of my bag. Soon, my phone and my keys were in my hands, as I desperately tried looking for the item. I looked up at the driver with a doubtful expression and he looked back, impatiently.
“Sorry- give me a minute,” I said, as I looked in other parts of my bag. Panic spread through me as I realised that I didn’t have it.
Where could it be?!
“That old man running just now is quite weird though- he was holding a pink purse- I mean, what kind of guys would have those purses nowadays?” the same woman remarked, laughing to her supposed husband. He laughed back, nodding in agreement.
pink purse…
“I’m sorry- did you say, pink purse?” I turn to ask them, hoping I had misheard.
“Yes,”
Mother! He had my purse…that’s why he was trying to get my attention!
“Could you please stop the bus?” I immediately said , my heart racing. My purse had everything I needed to get me anywhere- my college entrance card, my library card, my credit cards- as well as my bus fee money.
“Sorry- I can’t stop in the middle of bus journeys,”
“But where will the bus stop at next?”
“Bandhill lane,”
“Isn’t that the last stop?”
“Yes- diversions are taking place, so I’m afraid I have to take a different route,”
“Please, please sir- I really need to get off,”
“I’m sorry- I can’t risk my job,”
I looked around, trying to look for a way off the bus. Suddenly, the bus stopped, causing me to lose my balance a little. However, I managed to remain standing up by grabbing onto a surface. The bus was motionless, waiting for the red lights to change.
Come on- I’m never going to find that old man at this rate!
Suddenly, I saw my escape. Right there, the red button that said underneath ‘for emergencies only’
That was perfect- an emergency. It was my chance- if I didn’t get off now- how long would I have to wait before the next set of traffic lights?
I walked up to the exit door, stretching up to press the button. The doors flung open as everyone’s attention became fixed on me. I quickly got off.
“Sorry driver!” I yelled before the traffic lights became green and I headed for the next bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment